Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 3, 2012

Brooklyn got her first tooth this week!!! She looks so cute! She's such a sweet and happy little girl.

So Lindsey moved out yesterday and headed to Utah to live with Scott and Shannon. We started moving Brooklyn's stuff into her room and Emma wanted to help. So she helped us push the crib, the rocking chair, ottoman, blankets, and the boppy into the room. Next thing I know Emma goes in her room and tries to pull her bed into Lindsey's room as well. I guess she thought we were all moving in there. She was pretty upset when I told her she couldn't move into Lindsey's old room.

Emma is so stinkin' friendly. The weather has been pretty good lately so we were outside playing in our front yard. Jonathan is such a good dad and Emma loves playing with him, Jonathan and her were kicking the ball back and forth when two girls were walking by on the sidewalk and Emma yells, "HI!" and waves. The girl's said "Hi" and smiled. Emma looked at Jonathan and smiled, then she got real serious and said, "Say hi!" Jonathan just started laughing so Emma ran over to him and grabbed his hand and tried to wave it and said, "Hi!".  She's determined to make us friendlier as well.

Although Emma might have the friendliness down, her social skills can definitely use some work. Last night we went out to eat at Pizza Hut and as we were leaving there were two legit African's sitting on a bench near the door waiting to be seated. Emma ran out in front of us and when I came around the corner Emma was standing about two feet in front of these guys with her mouth open and just staring at them as if she were in a daze. The guys took it really well. They both started laughing and one of them in his African accent said, "silly kid.... never seen a black man!" I felt bad and smiled apologetically at them. It's a good thing she's only two years old and her innocents can save her now. That's what we get for living in Rexburg Idaho I guess.

5 comments:

  1. My mom has told me she did the same thing when she was a little girl and saw an African-American for the first time, she grew up in Vernal Utah so it's kind of the same thing!
    Love these cute pictures, the girls are getting so big so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, what are you supposed to do when your kid does that? We went on an airplane when Emma was just barely 2 and across the aisle was a very overweight guy and Emma started going out to the aisle and the guy looked down and smiled at her. Emma got all scared and hid next to me and looked up at me and said, "Big People!" The guy had earphones in so he didn't hear but kids don't have a filter!

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha! Most of the time people understand when a child says something blunt like that. Their innocence makes it so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stories! I love the new pic of Emma with the Q-tips in her ears. She makes the most hilarious expressions. I can totally see you in her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never made that face in my life. She is really cute though, and funny... okay I can see how you see me in her. ;)

      Delete